Why Choose An Independent Midwife?
*Please note that, due to the unavailability of insurance for intrapartum care, I am currently unable to attend births but still offer continuity for Antenatal and Postnatal Care
An Independent Midwife is a fully qualified, self-employed midwife registered with the NMC.
As an Independent Midwife, I believe in a women’s right to choice and continuity of care throughout pregnancy and birth. I work independently of, but collaboratively with, the NHS to provide safe, positive birthing experiences.
I adhere to the same rules and codes-of-conduct as my colleagues in the NHS. However, I’m passionate about providing the choice and continuity of care that it is currently difficult to provide within the NHS.
Care During Pregnancy
- Care in the comfort of your own home
- Appointments at times that are convenient for you
- As much involvement of your partner, children and wider family as you would like
Labour and Birth – Currently Unavailable
- Choose how, where and with whom you give birth to your baby
- Benefit of a known midwife who has been caring for you throughout your pregnancy
- Expert in homebirths, water-births and vaginal birth after caesarian section (VBAC)
Care After Birth
- Home visits frequently over 1st week and on-going for 4 weeks
- 24 hour accessibility to support for problems
- Help with establishing breast-feeding